Thursday, December 20, 2018

#8 - Run 125 Miles (Fail)

A run on the Embarcadaro on a sunny San Diego Saturday morning.
January: That treadmill life!

February: More treadmills, but one day, the weather broke in to the 40's, so I went for a run along the lake front. What a great decision. As I reached my turnaround point, I discovered the Montrose Dunes, a place I never knew existed despite all my runs and bike rides along the Lake Shore Path. I slowed to walk along the beach towards the dunes, and a guy was walking nearby. He called over, "Do you want to see a snowy owl?" He gestured towards the water where a small group of people were gathered. They were bird watchers, come to see an unusual sight: a snowy owl in Chicago. My phone is not good enough to take pictures so far, but one of the photographers let me look through his telescopic lens. Really, really beautiful and a happy coincidence on a beautiful day. It was really nice to get such a lovely reward on my run!

About a dozen people checking out a snowy owl.

March: So many treadmills.

April: Finally outside!

May:

June: Welp. I just learned that the nagging lower back pain I have is a herniated disc. And guess what aggravates it? Running. Eff. So I'm on a break.

November: I tried to resume running. It's not my back. It's my hip. So... running is still a no go. Not good for my emotional wellbeing :(

_______________________________________

So I'm wrapping up the year with just under 100 miles. But if it weren't for injuries, this definitely would have been done. I'll try again next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment