Saturday, December 15, 2018

#5 - Complete the 2018 Book Riot Reading Challenge (Fail)

Each year, Book Riot releases a challenge to read books that fit the description of 24 different tasks. I've seen my reader friends post about this year after year, and I decided to add it to my list this year. I didn't make it very far, and in fact, only met 3 of the challenges (listed below). In one of the challenges, I read 3 books that fit that description, but of course, I only got to cross one task off the list. I'm going to guess my biggest obstacle here was that I decided to read War and Peace, which did fit one of the tasks, but I surely could have read 24 complete books in the time it took me to get through that one :)

5. A book set in or about one of the five BRICS countires (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa): War and Peace, Midnight's Children, and Love in the Time of Cholera
6/9/18, read with me by Alicia De La Pena and recommended by Maureen McGonagle; 6/9/18, and 7/28/18

9. A book of colonial or post-colonial literature: Midnight's Children
6/9/18

15. A one-sitting book: The Tales of Beetle the Bard 
1/7/18, gifted to me by Rebeca Matus


No comments:

Post a Comment