Friday, April 1, 2011

#90 Go to a Red Wings Home Game



Many friends couldn't believe I haven't done this before. I've been to countless Blackhawks games (thanks to Alicia, who is a lovely person), though only one against the Wings. Somehow I just haven't.



After my experience on Monday, I can't believe I waited this long! It was way fun! I can't seem to get the photos off my phone right now but when I do, I'll add them. Darbs and I drove out to the Joe Monday for the game against the Blackhawks. I loved the atmosphere for many reasons. 1) The wing nuts. 2) The creative music selections, including plenty of Eminem. 3) The pizza toss (where they just throw small boxes of pizza at people). 4) The respectful national anthem prefaced with "Please rise for the national anthem and we kindly suggest you remove your hats... Unless you are military personnel... And then you may keep your hat on but do the military salute." Very thorough and polite. No clapping and yelling like a bunch of jerks. 5) The funny story some randomly selected season-ticket holder got to tell during a period break on the video screen. 6) The appropriately volumed music that allowed for conversation 20 minutes before the game. 7) Everything.



I did not love them losing in overtime, but Joey MacDonald played reasonably well... He just didn't have his defense doing much good. Much love to Lindstrom, Datsyuk, MacDonald, Cleary, and all the other loveable Detroit characters. Chicago sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment