Friday, April 1, 2011

#20 Eat one of the foods featured on "The Best Thing I Ever Ate"



This was a little half-assed... I had a whole list of "Best Thing" places in NYC to try last weekend during my trip, and Al & I just happened to stumble by Rice to Riches while searching for pizza (very specific pizza, obviously, as there is pizza EVERYWHERE in NYC, and I love it all and ate a ton). Rice to Riches is this funny, quirky place that only serves rice pudding, as if it's ice cream. I very much enjoyed their signage, such as "You're already fat, so eat some more." I went in and got the French Toast rice pudding. I didn't get any toppings (aka Jesus droppings). We left the place and I ate a few very delicious bites on the way. I still kind of crave it. But then I put my resealable container in my Rice to Riches bag and headed uptown to MOMA to meet Aaron and Melissa. During my laps around the impressionist wing, I noticed that I had not properly sealed the container and I was just carrying a bag of rice pudding. I considered eating it out of the bottom of the bag, but instead I reluctantly tossed it. What a sad ending to this list item. However, I do have plans to eat at some other "Best Thing" places in both Chicago and New Orleans, so maybe I will redeem myself then. Either way, I recommend Rice to Riches.


4-18-11




Update: I managed to hit a 2nd Best Thing I Ever Ate with Nicole Green-Valentine down in New Orleans. I had the Bread Pudding at Mother's. OMG. So good. I also had the deep-friend soft-shell crab po boy. Double OMG. And I went back for breakfast wtih Beth Spitelli later in the week for some fried eggs, grits, sausage (yum), and biscuits with rasberry jam. If you go to NOLA, eat at Mother's.

No comments:

Post a Comment