Thursday, May 19, 2011

#87 Eat at Hot Doug's

Hot Doug's is a Chicago legend. It used to be on Roscoe, just blocks from where I used to live, but then it moved to... well, a few blocks further down Roscoe at California.










Doug makes hot dogs.

All of you: "Wait, Megan, I thought you hated hot dogs? It's true."


Doug also makes all kinds of crazy sausages from all kinds of things: duck, antelope, bison, just to name a few.


Those sausages are amazing.




This all went down on a day I was dreading. I went to work expecting to teach lay responder CPR and First Aid ALL DAY, which is exhausting and boring.

When I arrived, Yessenia was there ready to teach instead! Hooray Yessenia!



So Edric suggested we get crazy and go to Hot Doug's. Norris agreed.


We got there around 2pm and still waited in line for at least 20 minutes. We made friends with our line mates. The first group were friendly, skinny, hipster guys. One took our picture. Edric hated him. I thought he was okay. I did not want to date him. Norris. Then, Norris and Edric were singing the theme song to "Doug." The guy behind us joined in. He looked like a total dork. He was. But he was also awesome. He filled us in on the new sausage introduced the day before. We asked why he knew so much. And he has the tatoo!


See. if you get the Hot Doug's logo tatooed on your body, you get free Hot Doug's for life! For life! Anytime you want! Apparently you still have to wait in line.











I had a braturst (the Paul Kelly) with sauerkraut and the new sausage, which was cherry and apple pork sausage with pear mustard and Vosages bacon chocolate on top.


Holy crap. Delicious.


Smiles all around. Except for Norris whining about how he didn't love his friends and he ordered too much.



I'm not ready for the tatoo... yet, but I will return! Maybe this time with Holly. And on a Friday or Saturday when they have duck-fat fries!




No comments:

Post a Comment