Tuesday, August 2, 2011

#61 Make deviled eggs.





Yeah, yeah, I know they're not difficult to make. The thing is, I love them, and I've never made them. So I figured I should just try it, realize how easy they are, and then make them whenever I want and stop maxing on them every time they're around.




(Sidenote: every time I ask for one of my mom's recipes that I love, it ends up being one of these: something that's crazy easy to make and if it takes any time at all, it's just marinating, not the actual preparation. Examples include stuffed mushrooms and marinated chicken kabobs. So delicious.)





Angela Mioglionico decided to make an event of it, even though Angela didn't actually want me to invite Nader Elmasri or Edmund Cruz, as they were my #1 and #2 leaders at the time.





So we threw the Smigs, Smegs, and Devilled Eggs Party.




I felt a little rushed making the tasty treats as I had to work much later than anticipated.







The most difficult part was hard boiling the eggs. I can cook. I swear I can. But I cannot hard boil an egg to save my life. I just can't remember to take them off the heat. I screw it up every time.




However, this time: Success! Thanks for supervising me, Ang!





Then I mixed in the ingredients, including the juice from the amazing McClure's pickles. (If you live in or visit Michigan, buy them. Yes, they're pricier than other pickles. They're worth it. Spectacular. Thank you, Ted Allen, and "Best Thing I Ever Ate." Also buy the Blood Mary Mix. But mix it with half tomato juice, half McClure's Blood Mary Mix, because man, is that mix every pickley.)




Ed, Nader, Chris Zann, Chris Niblock, and Mark Matishak all got a piece of the eggs. Ahmed Atia, Norris Narsa, Danielle Reyes, and her friend Santana would have, but we only had 6 eggs (12 halves). See, Angela hates deviled eggs. And she was in charge of the shopping. And convinced me 6 was enough. Because no one wants to max on deviled eggs before drinking. Yes, I could have gone to the store to get more. I didn't. I was swayed. Ahmed, Norris, and Danielle, I promise to make them and bring them to work one day so you can be official.

No comments:

Post a Comment