Monday, August 1, 2011

#12 Make a killer martini




Two years ago, Limpy posted a link on CT's wall: http://dxjo.net/fun/?p=843. That isn't quite it, but close enough. It lists the 40 things every drunk should do. Naturally, I forwarded it to Tyler. We traded lists of which ones we had done and agreed to tell those stories over drinks, which never actually happened. (He expanded that to which ones he wanted to do and wasn't sure he had done or not.) (No, I won't tell you which ones I've done and which ones I haven't.)





The only one that seemed like something I'd actually like to do and be proud to say I have done is #13 Make Your Best Friend a Perfect Martini. If by "My Best Friend," I meant "myself and at least one other person."





I'm giving Ahmed Atia half a point for looking up a martini recipe and messaging it to me.





The rest of the credit goes to Angela Mioglionico for volunteering to be my taste tester even looking up several recipes as she isn't so into olives.





I visited my favorite liquor store, which does not allow cell phones as "they are vexing and insolent" to pick up some vodka, dry vermouth, olives, and some kind of cocoa vodka stuff.




At home, we did not clean up nor dress up, but I did chill the glasses. I mixed a dirty martini for myself and a chocolate martini for Angela. Delightful. I then had a chocolate myself as it was way more delicious than I anticipated.




We then had had enough martini to experiement a little. I made a pineapple martini with some pineapple juice I had talked myself into needing from Trader Joe's the day before. Angela tried a pickle martini. You know, a Bloody Mary without the icky tomato juice. (I love tomato juice. Love Bloody Maries. Angela, not so much.) That was not as much of a successul but it was surprisingly not terrible. It actually has potential. It was just a little much.



Side note: if you like pickles, try using pickle juice as a chaser, particularly with whiskey shots. AMAZING.

No comments:

Post a Comment