Wednesday, May 1, 2019

#63 - Visit a New 826 Location

Eastern Market is now covered in colorful murals that embrace its history.

Such great art around the market
"I want to go to the Robot Factory," said my Dad amidst a lovely Saturday exploring the Eastern Market in Detroit.

I smiled and agreed.

He didn't know that the Detroit Robot Factory was.

I did.

And I can't believe I'd completely forgotten to look up where it was and to suggest a visit.

So, way to go, Dad!

We stopped in the new Detroit Robot Factory, a new location of the Liberty Street Robot Supply and Repair Store in Ann Arbor.

A.K.A. 826 Michigan's Detroit location.

Here are some links to other list items that have involved the delightful 826 family: volunteer for a cause, tutor, and visit a new 826 location. If you're looking to volunteer for a fantastic cause that will return the favor in energy and creative inspiration again and again, I highly recommend 826, which has locations all around the United States. I've now volunteered for 826chi and visited 826 Michigan (Ann Arbor and Detroit), 826 Valencia (San Francisco), 826LA (Echo Park), and 826 Boston (not in that order).

Since learning there was an 826 location in Ann Arbor, I've wondered why there wasn't instead one in Detroit since that's a way more logical place for it considering the academic environment and mid- to high-socioeconomic status of Ann Arbor.

Well, now Detroit has its own location with its own spin.
Dad in the Detroit Robot Factory

It's yet another small store front that hides a larger tutoring space. I really enjoyed the industrial yet whimsical style of the space, and I really loved it was on a little side street in the middle of the Eastern Market neighborhood of Detroit.

If you're ever in the area (which you should be as Eastern Market is such a cool area: a huge farmer's market surrounded by old and new local restaurants, bars, and shops) stop in, buy some goofy robot stuff, support 826 Michigan.

Thanks for the catch, Dad Guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment