Thursday, August 24, 2017

#84 - Try a New Water Sport

Another item I'd checked off, but I was so geeked about working somewhere I got to try fun new activities with my coworkers that I forgot it was on the list.

Just a few weeks into my new job, one of my coworkers, Stephanie Punda, invited us all to tryout paddleboard yoga to see if she wanted to add it to the group fitness schedule. As it was something I'd been wanting to try since trying stand-up paddle boarding in San Diego, that was a big yes from me.

Six of us showed up for the class. Steph told us we could stay dry, so that was a plus. Until we had to get into the water to get on our boards. Oh, and then the first thing we learned was how to fall off our boards.

While I liked the class, I'm not sure it's something I'd pay to go to or make part of my regular routine. While I'm sure the balancing was good for my little muscles, I didn't feel like I got a good enough workout. The most enjoyable part was goofing with my coworkers. I'd give it a go again sometime though.

No comments:

Post a Comment