Friday, August 25, 2017

#14 - Summit a New Mountain

So all throughout camp, I was like, I should probably go on the Hobie Cat since "sail a catamaran" is on my list. But then I didn't. Because I was too busy doing exactly what I wanted to do at each moment, which was mostly hang with camp people.

Then, as I was looking through my list to update my blog, I realized, we had definitely summitted a new mountain, and that's on the list too!

The Monday of camp, we went up Kipp Mountain, and though the views were spectacular from the cliff at the top of the trail through the OFFICIAL tree farm, we didn't quite summit it.

Thursday, we did a trail called the Balm of Gilead Mountain, which is a badass name but also very hard to remember. It may or may not be the summit of Gilead Mountain, but it kinda looked like it was, so I'm counting it. Gilead Mountain: summitted.


And what a lovely crew. We didn't get lost in the woods, but if we had, the company would have been lovely as it included at least 4 friends I've know for 29+ years and my dad. While the views, again, were spectacular, it's just divine to hike with a group where even with 15 or so of us, it doesn't matter who you're hiking next to because all down the line, the conversation is likely to be lovely. Stop, take a break, ask for bug spray, you're taken care of. The travel-bathroom stories on the way down really passed the time as well.

As the trip was probably almost 3 hours, including the 45-minute each way drive each way, plus an extra stop*, there isn't much more story to tell.

*Thanks, Peggy, for the root beer floats. Sorry we made you buy us gifts on your anniversary. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment