Tuesday, December 6, 2022

#23 - Make 3 New Breads

1. The Simplest White Bread Ever

I went to my favorite cooking website, Serious Eats, to find some new bread recipes. Until very, very recently, I didn't have a mixer, which was required by a lot of the recipes I found. Then, I found this one. It's outrageously simple. I did let it rest way longer than the recipe said, and I think that's why it didn't rise enough and stayed very dense. I did love the crisp to the crust and the flavor, so I will definitely try it again!

2 - Baguettes

I used Serious Eats again to make some really simple baguettes. They didn't rise as much as I'd hoped, but they were otherwise quite tasty and crusty. It also recommended putting a pan of water in the over with the bread, and I feel like that limited the crustiness, so if I try these again, I'll try them without that strategy. I may not try them again though because I can't find the recipe to link! I also liked experimenting with the cuts across the top and much prefer the straight, deep cut to get some extra crustiness. 

I like crusty bread.


3- Focaccia

I should make more foccacia. It's so simple and makes for great sandwiches because the bread is so crusty yet thin when sliced in half. This was a very easy recipe, just topped with olive oil and salt. Super tasty and crusty.

No comments:

Post a Comment