Sunday, August 7, 2022

#61 - Camp Somewhere New

I've posted about how annoyed I get that so many people have said "We should go camping" and then get annoyed when I'm skeptical that we will and then we don't. So it was a nice surprise to get an invitation to go camping with less than 24 hours notice, completely skipping the "We should go camping" conversation. 


Somehow this is only the third time I've been camping--as in, only the third night I've been camping. It doesn't make any sense. Camping comes very naturally to me. The day before, I went and bought a tent and sleeping bag. (I already had a sleeping pad.) Dan offered to help me set up my tent when he was done with his, but I set it up, without reading the directions, in minutes, no help needed. I'm down with cooking over an open fire. I like sleeping outside. I just like all of it. I don't know why I can't find others to camp with me more often, but now that I have my own gear, I'll likely find times to go, even if it's just me.

The main activity was river tubing, also on my list this year. Then after, we camped at a busy campground but had plenty of space on the site. We cooked over a fire and played some yard games. At one point, some folx in a golf cart invited us to go see a "DJ" at this pavilion, so we did, and it was a guy playing music for people to line dance to. We pet some dogs. Then it was an early night and we were headed back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment