Saturday, December 10, 2022

#50 - See a New Animal in the Wild

I kinda forgot that we're always going to see new animals in Costa Rica. Last year, we saw all these. Three years ago, we so more. On this trip, so far, I've seen these:

Coatimundis: Kind of like a Costa Rican raccoon. Except they also have raccoons.

Way back in there is a Central American gouti. It crossed our path too quickly to get a picture. We've since seen another one, but there was a baby howler monkey on her mama's back crossing a closeline, so... I didn't take a picture of the gouti, which is really just a big rodent.

Fisher spider: This thing is dope. It uses its web like a slingshot to catch prey.

Tiger spider. Very big. Very creepy. Very cool.

I couldn't quite snap a picture of the tarantula. I think she was a tiger rump, as she was black with reddish-orange markings. She was gorgeous and very not into our nonsense.

This toad that I saved from the pool. My Seek app says it's some kind of Beaked Toad, but it wouldn't narrow down the species.

It's also possible we saw a kinkajou and porcupine, as our guide says we did, but it was so dark that I don't feel like I can claim it.



No comments:

Post a Comment