Thursday, July 7, 2011

#50 Learn a Killer New Recipe

Like the mac & cheese and soup recipes, I decided I need to have at least 3 tries before I decided 1 was awesome.

My first attempt was by myself. It was bacon-wrapped, goat-cheese stuffed chicken with tomatoes. I don't love goat cheese. However, I learned something new about myself in this endeavor. I think. I seem to like warm goat cheese but not cold. I like goat cheese with marinara, and I liked it stuffed inside chicken. This ended up being a meal with just a little bread on the side and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

My second attempt was with company: Chris Zann, Holly Munk, and Drea Stoit. I roasted an entire chicken! An entire chicken! Good for me. I also made bacon-wrapped stuffing and some asparagus for the side. The chicken turned out quite good and was way easier than I anticipated. The stuff was okay. Asaparagus is always good.







We enjoyed some pinot grigio and then opened up a bottle of late-harvest riesling I picked up in Napa years ago. No big deal. Ha. The lovely Drea brought angelfood cake and berries for dessert. Yum!



My last attempt was again alone. I intended to make us an appetizer when Zann, Holly, and Drea were over but I failed to notice that both the chicken and the potatoes took an hour and a half to roast, so I just stuck to the chicken. So I made myself potato skins for dinner on a Wednesday night. They were potato skins with blue cheese, bacon, scallions, and chive-sour cream that I mixed up myself. Yum. I would make these anytime... Anytime that I have over an hour and a half to prepare an appetizer anyways. Maybe when I have a big screen and can invite people over for football again, we'll do potato skins and stuffed mushrooms. I'll be an appetizer goddess one day.

1 comment: