Monday, March 25, 2024

#74 - Visit a New UNESCO Heritage Site

I call this one "Where's Chris?!"
because my dad was worried, but
that's Chris in the background.
The only place I requested to visit while in Barcelona was La Sagrada Familia. It wasn't because it's a UNESCO Heritage Site, and I don't remember when I learned about it, but I just knew it was an incredible architectural feat and just art. 

Well, those teachings, wherever they came from, weren't wrong. Inside and out, La Sagrada Familia is incredible. The gothic architecture and attention to detail are striking. Outside, the towers and details are hard to take in because it's so much and so beautiful. Inside, it's like walking through a forest with colors popping through stained glass windows within white walls and fixtures. 

While I'm not religious, the intentional symbolism within the structure, inside and out, is incredible. There's just so much there. The pictures cannot do it justice. 

It wasn't until I heard a mention on a tour that it was a UNESCO site that I realized it could fit this list item. 




No comments:

Post a Comment