Monday, April 26, 2021

#10 - Watch 3 Movies From the AFI Top 100 List

1. Sunset Blvd

1/15/21

This film was interesting. I don't get why the AFI would put it in their Top 100. But like, worth a watch.

2. Citizen Kane

3/2/21

I did not get it. Basically just a journalist learning the life story of an old, rich, white man, which was a super basic, boring old, rich, white man trying to buy and possess so many, many things, including women and things that can't be bought, like a passion for one's work. And like... he owned the thing he supposedly yearned for after all that time? Boring.

3. Casablanca

4/25/21

I get why people like Casablanca. The story, the characters, and the setting are all compelling. The ending is so well done. So I liked it. I didn't love it. Maybe it's because I expected to see some beautiful scenery, knowing Casablanca is likely an incredibly beautiful city. But I'm glad I've now seen it, so that I have context for the so very, very many references from this film that I've heard throughout my life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment