Sunday, January 1, 2017

#36 - Read 40 Books - Fail

What with that whole dissertation thing, the job search, moving from San Diego to Boston, and moving from Boston to Chicago, my leisure reading schedule really suffered.  I managed to fit in a few new novels and did my best to reread the Game of Thrones series before the next season (also failed).  Can't wait to read more next year.

1 - The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
1/23/16, borrowed from Jerry & Kathy Krone
"Inside the snow globe on my father's desk, there was a penguin wearing a red-and-white-striped scarf." (p.3)

2 - The Girl on a Train by Paula Hawkins
4/15/16, gifted to me by Kevin Robitaille
"Beautiful sunshine, cloudless skies, no one ot play with, nothing to do.  Living like this, the way I'm living at hte moment, is harder in the summer when there is so much daylight, so little cover of darkness, when everyone is out and about, being flagrantly, aggressively happy.  It's exhausting, and it makes you feel bad if you're not joining in."

3 - A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
5/24/16, for the second time, loaned to me by Kevin Robitaille
"'We should start back,' Gared urged as the woods began to grow dark around them." (p.1)

4 - A Passage to India by E.M. Forster
7/16/16
"Except for the Marabar Caves -- and they are twenty miles off -- the city of Chandrapore presents nothing extraordinary." (p. 3)

5- A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
8/5/16, loaned to me by Kevin Robitaille
"The comet's tail spring across the dawn, a red slash that bled above the crags of Dragonstone like a wound in the pink and purple sky." (p.1).

6 - All the Single Ladies: Unmarried Women and the Rise of an Independent Nation by Rebecca Traister
12/11/16, gifted to me by Jerry & Kathy Krone

7 - Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin
12/12/2016, loaned to me by Kevin Robitaille


No comments:

Post a Comment