Sunday, July 17, 2016

#51 - Get Dim Sum

I did not take any quality pictures.
Apologies for the picture quality and quantity.  I was doing my best to enjoy the experience instead of documenting it...

I just moved to Boston.  The first 10 days were a bit rough.  I did one of those cryptic facebook posts.  My old camp friend Joe Wang sent me a message and we made plans for brunch this weekend.

After a dentist appointment, Joe picked me up, made a few suggestions, casually mentioned dim sum, and I was like, "Oh... dim sum, I've always wanted to get dim sum but never have."  I tried to be casual and not reveal just how pumped I was.  So Joe took me to Chinatown, told me a lot about the area, and took me to one of his favorite banquet halls.

Since it was my first time, I didn't have favorites, so anything that sounded good, I was like, "Sure."  Shrimp and rice pancake?  "Sure."  Shrimp dumpling?  "Sure."  Egg bun?  "Sure."  We had some of Joe's regulars and a few that were new for both of us, like the egg bun.

It was a really delightful way to eat, food rolling past the table, saying yes to whatever looks good until there's too much food.  It was like eating all appetizers but not having to wait for any of them.  Plus, it was really cheap.  Double plus, it was nice to catch up with Joe and learn a bit more about Chinatown.  I'm thrilled to have connected with several fantastic people with this move.

No comments:

Post a Comment