Sunday, February 21, 2016

#85 - Visit a New National Park

Yay for surprise list items!
ROAD TRIP!

When I agreed to go snowboarding with Corry Vogel & Jenn Hayes, I had no idea we'd be heading into the Angeles National Forest.  In fact, there were a few things that surprised me during our road trip to the mountains.

1.  We were in the desert for all except maybe the last 20-30 minutes of the 2-3 hour drive.  Like, we were 10 minutes away and still hadn't seen snow yet.  That was weird.

2.  Corry's favorite wall.

3.  Mountain High Ski Resort is in the Angeles National Forest.

Ideally, we would have gotten out and taken a picture at one of the park areas, the park areas were all closed, so we kept going so we wouldn't break any laws and be prosecuted in another county.  Instead, here's a picture of us driving.  For more pics of us snowboarding, see the next post!

My arm looks super weird in this picture.
UPDATE

Another surprise list item!  On my drive across the country with my dad, we found ourselves in the Petrified Forest and made a few stops in the Painted Desert in Arizona.  It was incredibly beautiful the way the light rolled across the desert with the clouds.  It was also cool to see the layers of sediment and all of the colors.  Fantastic.  I would love to go back there when it's not so hot.  Haha.

Painted Desert

No comments:

Post a Comment