Saturday, January 2, 2016

Fail: #63 - Do a Yoga Handstand

Honestly, I wanted to do this one just because it looks cool.  I want to be one of those people doing yoga handstands in beautiful places in my profile pictures.  That is so lame.  And totally the wrong reason for practicing yoga.

However, part of me is just inspired by the beauty of the movement.  That part I can stay connected to.

In hopes of learning this skill, I have been continuing the yoga practice I started regularly in January as part of this list.  I also attended a Grace in Strength workshop at Mosaic (thank you again, Sophie & Kevin!), where I learned the fundamentals of learning to hand stand... and also that I am no where close.  Now that I am practicing it at home regularly, here are some dated reflections as I pursue this item.

Sunday, July 19
As of this moment, I am not confident that I will achieve this item this year.  I am confident I will do it someday, but I'm struggling with my hamstring flexibility and a very troublesome lower back.  I also need to build up some upper body strength, but I think the lack of flexibility will be more important than the strength.  I do plan to keep practicing walking up the wall to learn the feeling of my head tipping past my hands.

End of Year

My hand stand hops and wall practice sessions are getting better.  I think I'm getting stronger and am better understanding my own balance.  I'm so happy I'm making progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment