Thursday, December 31, 2015

Fail: #37 - Run 100 Miles

July 18, 2015


I just realized that I'm 32.5 miles into this goal, so I should probably at least start the post.  Most of the miles have been uneventful other than being all around the very beautiful areas of Golden Hill, South Park, North Park, and downtown San Diego.  I feel so lucky to be surrounded by so many beautiful trails.  I feel unlucky having so many back problems this year.  I would definitely be running more if it weren't for my lower back acting up... and for all the hills.  Since I live in Golden Hill, I live ON a hill, which means that no matter which direction I run, I finish up a very large hill.  Sometimes that deters me and I just do another work out instead.  Plus I've been trying to play beach volleyball, surf, hike, and sail as much as possible lately, telling myself I can run in any city, but those are things I probably won't be able to do, at least not year round, once I move.  But, maybe just starting this post will keep me a little more on top of my running.

It's not that I'm not fitting in a lot of work outs, it's that when I run, I just feel better.  I work a lot of things out mentally and emotionally when I run, so encouraging myself to lace up my running shoes more often is something I should do for myself more often.  Plus, when I run fast regularly, I tend to get in pretty decent shape, which makes all of those other activities way more fun.

So far, I've mostly done solo runs.  The only exception was the Black Light Run 5k that I did with Vanessa Vadnal and Matthew Savage.  I don't do many 5k's because they've gotten so expensive, and if I run decently, I feel like I haven't even fit in a full workout for the day because I've only been active 30-45 minutes.  But, Vanessa was heads up and found a cheap entry.  I like running with her because, honestly, I haven't run an entire race, of any length, in years, but I do when I'm running with V.  

The race itself wasn't organized all that well, especially since we were just zig zagging through the Qualcomm parking lot, but it was fun to run at night, with lights and glowing things and that colored powder that seems to be so popular lately.  We stayed for quite awhile after the race dancing to the DJ and throwing powder in the air.  Thanks for keeping me in the loop for it, V!

Thursday, October 1

I wanted to mention this run because I felt fast.  It's been a stressful past week, and it was nice to get all of those emotions burned up through a quick run.

Thursday, December 31

I didn't quite make it this year.  I put in some miles on the treadmill while in Michigan staying with Mom & Dad, but I ended somewhere around 70 miles.  I'm not counting hiking miles and I estimated all of my runs, but it looks like I need to repeat this goal next year and keep up this running routine I finally picked up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment