Sunday, June 14, 2015

#47 - Visit Santa Barbara

I was hoping that this one would include a full weekend -- or at least a full 24 hours -- in Santa Barbara.  But, since I stopped and had a dinner, I'm counting it.

When I planned my road trip up the coast, I planned to stop for at least a full night in Santa Barbara, to see this lovely coastal town that I had heard about regularly during my 3 years in San Diego.  But...  I'm still on that student salary, so I just couldn't find an affordable place to stay.  Instead, I booked a great little beach cottage in Grover Beach through airbnb, which worked out great.

I did manage to drive through Santa Barbara and to catch a meal at Brophy Bros.  I scored a seat at the bar and the bartenders took good care of me.  I had a great glass of wine, some delightful fish and chips, and a beautiful view of the harbor.  The highlight, however, was the trio of older women who ended up next to me.  They were rowdy and hilarious, and one had both a neckbrace and 2 eyes tattooed on the back of her head, which were visible with her buzzed hair.  Being them when I grow up is my new life goal.
Since it was a short stop, I'll leave this as a short post.  I do hope to go back someday.  I was sorry to leave, but once I got to Big Sur, I was not sorry to have more time there.  I'll save all of that for my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment