Tuesday, February 25, 2014

#94 - Go to Wineries in Temecula.

I have been too busy to actively pursue things from the list, but they just keep coming to me anyways!

#94 came to me by way of facebook invite by way of birthday by way of Emma Borgeson by way of Sweden :)  I really didn't have to do anything except show up.



15-20 of us drove up to Temecula (about an hour away) to have lunch for Emma's birthday.


I didn't expect it to be like Napa but more like Napa than it is.  It was also kinda weird because the vineyard we went to Callaway was clearly not in growing season so it was just rows and rows of leafless grape vines in dirt.  The lack of color was a little weird.

We had a lovely lunch though.  I only ordered the ceviche but my neighbors (a.k.a. new friends) shared potatoes, bread, calamari, and even a bit of fantastic steak.  We shared bottles of Sauvignon Blanc and Zinfandel.

It was just a lovely afternoon.  I hope to go back and do some winery hopping but this was a lovely introduction.













(I also enjoyed catching up with Emma on the ride home!)

UPDATE:  Ma & Pa Krone and I took a day trip to wine crawl in Temecula in November, so much requested bonus points for them!







No comments:

Post a Comment