Sunday, October 28, 2012

#46 - Volunteer for Another Race

So I was just reading through my list to figure out which one to do next when I realize I had already done this one but I didn't count it.  I guess it's just something I do now, which was exactly my intention.  Yay!

I volunteered for the Soldier Field 10 Mile May 26, 2012.  I really wanted to run the race but was short on funds so I volunteered instead.  I got there at 5:30 am, met some fellow volunteers, took some pictures of the field, and then headed out to my post.


My highlights of the day were...

Around 6:15am, hanging out alone at my post, I checked my facebook.  I saw I had a comment on a post from Chris Ogden.  I checked the comment.  It said, "Do your best Jagger."  I looked up, saw a few more volunteers a hundred or so yards away and then a giant line of cars waiting to park for the race. I then danced, alone, like a fool.

My post was to warn people of a grate on the path.  Lots of people faked like they tripped anyways to make me laugh.  I think I did every time.

Then I saw Zann and Holly.  Well, Zann saw me and yelled and waved for a good 30-45 seconds.

Somehow I missed Laura Masters.

It wasn't quite as inspiring as the marathon but it was still a bunch of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment