Monday, October 17, 2011

#18 - Go Camping

Okay, I have to admit this one was a little weak. We just camped on campus.

I just had to do it though. For years and years, especially this year, folks have told me they will take me camping. It's always the same conversation:


"I've never been camping."
"You? YOU've never been camping?"
"Nope."
"You'd love camping!"
"I probably would."
"I'm going to take you camping."
"No, you're not."
"Really, I'm going to take you."
"You won't though."
"Seriously, you'd love it."
"You're not though. You say you will, but you won't. You're only the 8th person to offer this week. No one ever does. I'm just saying."

So once Norris Narsa suggested we just stay for the Eagle Overnight on campus, I jumped on it. And by "jumped on it," I mean, I wavered a bit and then gave in and then freaked out that he wasn't serious.

We had a delightful Peace Fire. I can't really talk about it because the first rule of Peace Fire is that you don't talk about Peace Fire. You just have to be there. I can say I had some delightful bonding time with Davisson Benson, Trysha Solis, Andy Solberg, and Norris. Oh, and Erin Claudio was around somewhere. Probably snoring up a storm in his tent.

While I didn't want to count this one, we didn't even sleep in tents, just on a tarp under another tarp, just shaped like a tent. That's pretty hard core.

Thanks for getting Norris and me through our first camping experience, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment