Saturday, June 22, 2024

26 - Have a New Culinary Experience

I'm so grateful for my friend Stephanie, just in general but also for a great meal and great night at AJI Omakase.

I was trying to fit in some list items when Grace was in town, and when I was trying to describe what I meant by "new culinary experience," I used omakase as an example: a style of eating that I hadn't tried before. And Steph was like, "You've never had omakase?" And then, just a couple weeks later, she took me to Aji, and I learned the unsurprising lesson that I like omakase.

I love a meal when I don't have to choose, get to try a ton of different things, and each bite is different yet no less delicious than the last. 

I didn't get many pics of the space itself, but it's small, and there were just seven of us for the seating.

We had some saki and then started in on 15 courses.

It was fun to watch the board change, so we knew what we were about to consume, and to have Executive Chef Kristian Cho describe each course, while Sushi Chef Arnold Lee crafted each piece in front of us. Cho also answered our questions and pointed out special things about the fish or preparations.

Thank you for a super lovely night, Real Friend™!




No comments:

Post a Comment