Wednesday, June 15, 2011

#58 Crash a Wedding







This one was terrifying. I think it helped that Casey was more scared than I was though.




The fam was at my cousin Eric's wedding in Grosse Pointe, Michigan, and there just happened to be 2 other receptions at the same facility. Chris and Casey agreed to crash one of them with me but Chris chickened out. He's always been a little baby like that. Always.



I scoped out the scene and found out it was a Polish wedding. I told Casey were were good as I know how to say "cheers" as well as 2 other Polish phrases and I can polka. No one would ever know. We'd just say we were Tomasz and Piotr's dates.

Casey and I decided it would count if we went into the other wedding, crossed the entire room, waited in line at the bar, got a drink, and then drank it on the way out. I know, not a true crashing but it was still so scary! My dad got us a quick picture on the way out, so it definitely counted.

I'd do it again and stay a little longer now that I've braved the first bit.

1 comment:

  1. I crashed a wedding reception about 8 years ago and it was a blast! It was at the Detroit Yacht club, and I was a bridesmaid in another wedding. Across the hall from our reception was a wedding reception with Belly dancers and a pretty sweet band, and a couple of us couldn't resist checking it out for just a little while (it was toward the end of the reception for the wedding we were in). We were obviously crashing (the bridesmaid dresses kind of gave it away - heh), but they welcomed us with open arms, and we wound up participating in a big group dance and drank champagne before heading back to our reception. Thanks for sharing your story - it sparked this fun memory for me :)

    ReplyDelete