Wednesday, October 16, 2024

36 - Get Another Tattoo

More than seven years in the making! Grace, Conor, and I finally got tattooed together!

Some things I find humorous about this are

  • Grace and Conor had tattoos well before I ever did, and they both have more than me and bigger ones than mine. 
  • At the same time, since around 2015, when I got my first tattoo, I've almost always had a next one in mind. (Still do.)
  • It seems like they also almost always have a next one in mind.
So, there's been literally no resistance to this. It just took some planning. I'm so thankful that Conor booked us some time with his artist Joshua Blatchley at Wish Tattoo for a weekend when I was in town. Wish is a really gorgeous, peaceful space, and Conor even managed to get Josh to agree to fit us all in late on a Sunday, so I could fit in some surfing before needing to be out of the water for a bit. Brandon approached each of our pieces completely differently, based on our wishes for it, and I think we all ended up pretty happy with the result! 

Also, this week, just over two weeks since I got the new tattoo, I had someone guess incorrectly what it was. The convo went like this:

"Is your tattoo for Up?"

"Yes!"

...

"Wait... No! Not Up! It!"

I just heard a two-letter movie title and agreed.

But cheers to my new tribute to my love of horror and to two of the reasons I'm so thankful I did my doc program at USD! (That's you, Grace & Conor. Love yous.)

p.s. Also love to Windi for joining us for a delicious dinner at beforehand and keeping Grace & I entertained with PoGo trades and parties while we waited.







No comments:

Post a Comment