Friday, December 1, 2023

#26 - See One of My Favorite Comedians Live

I can't quite remember when I first became a fan of Nicole Byer because it was during isolation times of the pandemic, when time had no meaning. Watching Nailed It was so joyful. It's just such fun, and the stakes are always so low. It was perfect pandemic watching.

I started listening to her podcast Why Won't You Date Me? and while our dating habits are not similar, I do feel like we have the same vibe in finding so many men undateable. 

That was one of the bits I really enjoyed when seeing her live, something I got to do in my own neighborhood at the Riviera Theater. I also excited because Laura and Alan decided to join me.

I don't know what else to say because it's never entertaining to hear someone describe a comedy show they saw and you didn't. It was a really fun show with a very diverse crowd, and I just adore how she can be so present, comment on her own behavior while she's on stage, and interact with the audience in the moment.

I would definitely go see her again!





No comments:

Post a Comment