Tuesday, August 22, 2023

#67 - Summit a New Mountain

I was lucky enough to attend the first ever Point O Pines Family Camp (which I'd previous attended as Camp Michigania - East for 35 years, so it was new but not new) in the Adirondack State Park in upstate New York. Every year, the staff plans a few hikes during the week, and this year, I joined a small group for a hike of Moxham Mountain, which I believe is a new one to me (though I haven't kept good records of what mountains we've hiked over the years).

The Moxham Mountain trail is a 5.5-mile (total) out-and-back trail with an elevation gain of 1,338 feet. It wasn't a super challenging hike in terrain, but my Fit Bit tells me we hiked for 3 hours and 20 minutes, so it was pretty strenuous in that sense. It was also gorgeous... and the trail was filled with fungi, of which I snapped many pics with my Seek app and later won an award, teasing me for my very intense interest in learning what every mushroom, flower, and creature we passed was.

I don't really have much else to share except that I thoroughly enjoyed the time in the trees and with friends!









No comments:

Post a Comment