Sunday, March 8, 2020

#6 - Watch 3 Films That Have Won an Academy Award for Best Film, Best Actor, or Best Actress

#1 - Blue Jasmine
1/20/20
Kate Blanchett won Best Actress for her performance as Jasmine/Jeanette.

I'm so thrilled I mixed up this list because I was not looking forward to trying to figure out which additional older Best Picture winners are actually worth watching. Instead, I was treated to an incredible performance by an incredible actress in a very sad but touching film. Blanchett is incredible in this role. The way she tottered between the perfect bougie housewife to a troubled wreck, sometimes in the same scene, was incredible. This film is worth a watch for the performances.

#2 - Parasite
2/20
Best Picture in 2020

After it had been nominated but before the Academy Awards, I had heard about Parasite and how creepy it was. Being a lover of creepy, I couldn't wait and bought it on Amazon as soon as it was available. What an amazing film. Creepy and full of social commentary. I had no idea what was going to happen next. I'm so thrilled this one Best Picture, which is especially amazing because it is completely in Korean, the first time such a film has won. Yay for progress and films that demand more progress!

#3 - Joker
2/2
Joaquin Phoenix won Best Actor in 2020 for his performance as the Joker

I made this list item way too easy for myself considering I usually watch a few of the films nominated for best picture each year. Joker was... fine. I liked it while I was watching it, but I don't have much of a memory of it. I mean, I really like origin stories, and this was a good one. And also, I side with Melissa Viallasenor.


No comments:

Post a Comment