Monday, March 12, 2018

#37 - Go to a Gala

Me & Laura
On TV shows, it seems like people who live in big cities are always going to galas. I've lived in 3 big cities over the past 14 years, and I'd never been to a gala. I'd been to a few very fancy holiday parties but never anything where I could be a fancy person who just buys a ticket. Luckily, I am now back in Chicago and am very luckily looped up with a really amazing group of women who not only go to galas but help plan them!

Laura, Jen, & Melissa
This year I attended my first gala, Tickled Pink. This group of professionals hosts an annual fundraiser for efforts focused on prevention and early detection of breast and ovarian cancer. And they do it right.

Megan & Melissa stunnin'
The ticket comes with unlimited drinks and food from some of the trendiest restaurants around Chicago. Some of my favorites were the mini lobster roll, the corned beef sandwich, and the mushroom taco.

Melissa & me cheesin'
The highlight, however, was the band. The Chicago Players were so much fun. I've never seen such range and quality from a cover band. From Mumford and Sons to the Fugees, they killed it. Beautiful voices and a great vibe. And then came DJ Betty! She was very unassuming when she took the stage, but damn, DJ Betty kept that party going strong. If I ever needed music for an event in Chicago, I'd book one of those acts in a heart beat.

And the real highlight was obviously a really fun night dancing the night away with friends. I can't wait to go again next year.


Gotta post game at Friar Tuck's. Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment