Saturday, December 24, 2011

#32 - Start a calligraphy business


I've been doing calligraphy since my freshman year of high school. I used to do it mostly as gifts with watercolor backgrounds. I've also done the mailing envelopes for several weddings, mostly as my gift to the new couple. I have done one for pay. I also did a Valentine's picture frame for pay once, with the couple's song written on the mat.

My brother tried to help me out by starting a website: www.megankrone.com. However, there's nothing on it.

So then Cara Lamerato mentioned how she sells wine cork place holders on etsy.com, so I did some research and got myself an etsy account. I haven't sold any yet, but I just put it up in the last week and invested a good $.20 for the listing, so I'm counting it for my starting a business. I just hope I get some hits :) Check me out at mkcalligraphy at etsy.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment