Wednesday, February 16, 2011

#52 Join a Euchre League

Cross that one off the list. I won't write much because... well, there's a reason you don't see Euchre highlights along with poker on ESPN.

I joined a Tuesday league with 5 other lovely ladies (Laura, Missy, Beth, Theresa, & Molly) at Durkin's. Laura Masters is my partner - and is now the leader in assisting me with completed list items with 2. There seem to be around 20 teams or so.

Last night we played Molly & Theresa in our first match and won 3-2. It's only fair to say that Molly was a little out of practice - and in practice with Pinnocle - and Theresa was completely overwhelmed by the unfair number of stimuli around the bar after 9pm, which included beer, other Euchre teams, drinkers, TV's with multiple basketball games including MSU v OSU, loud music, annnnd trivia that had monitors with the questions as the DJ slowly read them aloud. It was quite overwhelming. I had to go sit in silence for a bit when I got home.

Once the season is well underway, I'll add some updates on our team status to this post.

Update on 10/17/11: Masters and I just did okay. We lost in the play offs when I was out of town. However, Chris Zann and I have joined another league at Maeve! 1 point for Zann!

3 comments:

  1. Week 2 update: Laura & I lost 4-1 last night to Ben & AJ with some garbage cards but fun conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Week 3 update: Laura & I lost 3-2 to Bill and Ed but somehow managed to beat them in points?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, last update: we lost. I was in New Orleans for the last playoff game so thanks to Molly for stepping in!

    ReplyDelete